Graduate education in transportation
For students interested in studying transportation and doing transportation-related research, Iowa State University offers several degree programs and CTRE offers numerous research opportunities. For more information, see the Graduate Education in Transportation web page.
Instructor Darrel Campbell helps a student during a training class at CTRE.
For professionals, technicians and workers in transportation, CTRE offers numerous training/continuing education opportunities.
- NEW: Online course, Supervisory Techniques and Skills: Formerly known as Successful Management, this course is available online and on demand through Iowa State University's Engineering Distance Education program. Once a student registers (for $75), s/he has up to 6 months to complete it.
- Roads Scholar program: a program that tracks individuals' workshop/conference credit hours and provides recognition for their dedication to continuing education
- Calendar of workshops and conferences
- Iowa Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP): a program that offers continuing education opportunities, a lending library, and a newsletter to local transportation agencies
- Workshops: learn more about our regularly offered, Iowa LTAP workshops
CTRE's multimedia training facility is available for rent.