Sample page from Best Practices for Low-Cost Safety Improvements on Iowa's Local Roads (17 mb pdf)
Can’t find what you're looking for? See also the Institute for Transportation, CTRE’s administrative home at Iowa State University.
- Research-related: Reports, Technology transfer summaries, Conference papers
- Traffic safety-related
- Handbooks, manuals, and other helpful references
- CTRE en Route newsletter
- CTRE annual reports
Download full-text reports of research conducted by CTRE staff and CTRE-affiliated staff; older reports are listed but are not available as full-text, online documents.
Download short (2–4 pages) documents that present research in a brief, accessible format for practitioners.
Download conference papers presented by CTRE staff at various conferences.
CTRE has published numerous reports and several manuals and brochures related to traffic safety. The reports are grouped by topic for quick reference.
- Infrastructure Management Information System User Manual (1.2 mb *pdf)
- Virtual reality and laser scanning applications (334 k *pdf)
- Weigh-in-Motion Handbook
- Best Practices for Low-Cost Safety Improvements on Iowa's Local Roads (17 mb *pdf)
- Handbook of Simplified Practice for Traffic Studies
- Iowa Traffic Control Devices and Pavement Markings: A Manual for Cities and Counties
CTRE's biannual e-newsletter describing current research projects, events, and people, last published in the summer of 2008
Between 1997 and 2005, CTRE published a biennial (every 2 years) report rather an annual report. View the list.