Iowa LTAP has moved from CTRE to the Institute for Transportation
An Iowa LTAP Special Publication
If you think it's time for your transportation agency, either by itself or as part of a city or county government, to publish a web site, this series of articles will help you think through the planning stages of developing a web site and then provide several how-to articles to guide you through the nuts and bolts of web site creation.
- Planning the site (February/March 1999) An example
- Acquiring the tools (April/May 1999)
- Choosing and organizing content (June/July 1999)
- Helping users navigate your site (August/September 1999)
- Creating the look and feel (October/November/December 1999)
Taking our own advice: a look at CTRE's web site (December 1999)
- One of the best all-around sources for information about many different facets of web development and design is www.webreference.com. I recommend subscribing to their free weekly e-mail update newsletter.
- Want to know more about Internet terminology? Take a look at this list of glossaries.
- Ready to dive into web design? Here's a page full of valuable links to get you started.
- HTML is easy to learn, especially with a handy beginner's guide.
Copyright © 1999, Center for Transportation Research and Education, Iowa State University. All rights reserved.