All programs to take place near Iowa State University.
June 13, 2022 — July 1, 2022
8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. weekdays
The Iowa Department of Transportation (Iowa DOT) and Iowa State University’s Institute for Transportation (InTrans) are offering high school physical science and physics teachers the opportunity to participate in a three week modeling workshop with transportation related engineering projects.
The workshop participants will
- Learn effective strategies in Modeling Instruction developed by Arizona State University
- Plan and carry out investigations, argue from evidence, and create and evaluate models
- Develop classroom strategies to help students develop skills consistent with the Next Generation Science Standards
- Participate in seminars with transportation experts from the Iowa DOT and InTrans
- Collaborate with other educators to develop modeling based and transportation-themed lessons to use in the classroom
Additionally, participants will receive
- Mileage paid for those who commute
- Housing provided in Ames free of charge for those who cannot commute
- A $700 per week stipend (after completing program requirements).