Dr. Kejin Wang is a professor in the Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering and is closely associated with the National Center of Concrete Pavement Technology at Iowa State University. She does research in many aspects of concrete materials, including cement hydration, microstructure characterization, concrete durability, sustainable concrete materials, and advanced concrete technology.
- PhD, Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1994
- MS, Civil Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Beijing, China), 1985
- BS, Civil Engineering, Hefei University of Technology (Hefei, China), 1982
- Professional Engineer (PE) License, State of Illinois
Dr. Wang has published 123 peer-reviewed journal papers and 46 other peer-reviewed papers. She has also edited 7 books (2 international conference proceedings and 5 special publications).
- Lei, B., H. Yu, Y. Guo, H. Zhao, K. Wang, and W. Li. 2022. Mechanical properties of multi-recycled aggregate concrete under combined compression and shear. Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 143, Part A.
- Adil, S., Y. Sadati, P. Ling, K. Taylor, J. Wang, and T. Kevern. 2022. Effect of penetrating sealers on joint performance of poor durability concrete. Materials Journal, Vol. 119, No. 9.
- Guo, Y., W. Li, W. Dong, Z. Luo, F. Qu, F. Yang, and K. Wang. 2022. Self-sensing performance of cement-based sensor with carbon black and polypropylene fibres under different loading conditions. Journal of Building Engineering, Vol. 59.
- Wi, K. K. Wang, J. Han, H-S. Lee, and S. Lim. 2022. Effects of nano Palm Oil Fuel Ash on Hydration of Cement under the Accelerated Carbonation Curing. Materials Letters, Vol. 327.
- Wang, X., Y. Wang, X. Ge, B. Tong+, V. Schaefer, K. Wang, and C. Li. 2022.The quantitative assessment of clogging and cleaning effects on the permeability of pervious concrete. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 335.
- Qu, F., W. Li, Y. Guo, S. Zhang, J. L. Zhou, and K. Wang. 2022. Chloride-binding capacity of cement-GGBFS-nanosilica composites under seawater chloride-rich environment. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 342, Part B.
- Guo, Y., W. Li. K. Dong, K., Wang, X. He, K. Vessalas, and D. Sheng. 2022. Self-sensing cement-based sensor with superhydrophobic and self-cleaning capacities after silane-based surficial treatment. Case Studies in Construction Materials.
- Zhao, Y., Z. Hu, K. Tang, K. Wang, Y. Li, and W. Li. 2022. Deterioration of concrete under coupled aggressive actions associated with load, temperature and chemical attacks: A comprehensive review. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 322.
- Li, W., Y. Dong, K. Guo, K. Wang, and S. P. Shah. 2022. Advances in multifunctional cementitious composites with conductive carbon nanomaterials for smart infrastructure. Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 128.
- Dong, W., W. Li, K. Wang, S. P. Shah, and D. Sheng. 2022. Multifunctional cementitious composites with integrated self-sensing and self-healing capacities using carbon black and slaked lime. Ceramics International, Vol. 48, No. 14, pp. 19851–19863.
- Dong, W., W. Li, Y. Guo, F. Qu, K. Wang, and D. Sheng. 2022. Piezoresistive performance of hydrophobic cement-based sensors under moisture and chloride-rich environments. Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 126.
- Guo, Y., W. Li, W, Dong, K. Wang, X. He, K. Vessalas, and D. Sheng. 2022. Self-sensing cement-based sensors with superhydrophobic and self-cleaning capacities after silane-based surficial treatments. Case Studies in Construction Materials.
- Zhao¢, H., K. Zhou, K. Wang, X. Wu, and S.P. Shah. 2022. Effects of CNT/MgO-type expansive agent on the cracking resistance of face slab concrete of CFRD. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 34, No. 12.
- Wang, X., W. Li, Z. Luo, K. Wang, and S. P. Shah. 2022. A critical review on phase change materials (PCM) for sustainable and energy efficient building: Design, characteristic, performance, and application. Energy and Buildings, Vol. 260.
- Dong, W., W. Li, Y. Guo, K. Wang, D. Sheng. 2022. Mechanical properties and piezoresistive performance of intrinsic cement-based sensors subjected to impact load. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 327.
- Garcia¢, D. C. S., K. U. Lima, K. Wang, and R. B. Figueiredo. 2022. Evaluating the effect autoclave curing on the microstructure and compressive strength evaluation of high strength concrete. Revista Materia, Vol. 27, No. 2.
- Luo, Z., W. Li, K. Wang, S. P. Shah, and D. Sheng. 2022. Nano/micromechanical characterisation and image analysis on the properties and heterogeneity of ITZs in geopolymer concrete. Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 152.
Professional, Affiliations, Honors, and Awards
- Fellow, American Concrete Institute (ACI), 2013–present
- Senior Editor, Journal of Construction and Building Materials
- Associate Editor, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering
- Editorial Board Member, ASTM International’s Journal of Advances in Civil Engineering Materials