The Iowa Pavement Management Program (IPMP) promotes optimal, cost-effective decisions on highway maintenance, rehabilitation, and reconstruction, using accurate past and projected pavement conditions.
IPMP integrates data collection and a database to track the condition of pavements on non-National Highway System (non-NHS) federal-aid-eligible roads. Non-NHS roads may be in state, county, and city jurisdictions. IPMP focuses on local transportation agencies and provides these agencies with:
- an objective and consistent planning tool to support development of regional and statewide transportation improvement plans
- information on pavement condition for individual pavement sections
- raw pavement distress data from the automated distress collection equipment
- inventory and history information on roadways
- training on pavement management software and principles
- videologging of roadways